Get the most out of your automobile with a tune-up
What is a car tune up?
An automotive tune up is basically a vehicle maintenance process. It involves the inspection and replacement of working parts to make sure your vehicle runs smooth. The tune up process may vary from mechanic to mechanic, but the following are some of the typical procedures:
- Inspecting the status of the ignition.
- Checking or replacing spark plugs, air filters, fuel filters and the PCV filter.
- Examining the wires between the car’s distributor cap and cylinders.
- Cleaning or replacing the distributor cap.
- Checking all the different components under the hood.
Of course, any part that is found to be damaged or not working properly will be repaired or replaced accordingly.
How often should you get one?
Your owner’s manual will tell you how often your vehicle needs a tune up. Some cars require one every 40,000 miles, others every 60,000 miles. Some auto manufacturers recommend tune up schedules based on how you drive, where you drive, and the amount of heavy traffic you experience.
More specifically, PACC Automotive recommends:
- All spark plugs should be checked or replaced every 30,000 miles.
- Oil filters should be replaced with engine oil every 3,000 miles.
- Air filters should be replaced every 20,000 miles (or more often if you drive or live in dusty areas).
- PCV breather filters should be replaced every 30,000 miles (or every year).
- Fuel filters should be replaced every 30,000 miles.
- Automatic transmission filters should be replaced every 12,000 to 15,000 miles.
If you notice something wrong with your car, bring it in right away before it becomes a bigger problem.
Why get an automotive tune up?
Again, the main reason for getting a precision auto tune up is to keep your vehicle in the best condition possible. Regular tune ups help prevent complete engine breakdown, and maintain your engine’s system and car’s overall performance. This in turn lets you save money and avoid accidents or higher repair bills. Don’t wait until the last minute – beat the damage before it gets you.
Why get it from PACC Automotive?
If you’re in Santa Clarita, let your car receive its precision auto tune up from PACC Automotive.
With PACC Automotive, you get:
- The highest quality auto repair and service, with over 20 years of experience.
- A one-year or 12,000-mile warranty.
- Only skilled and expert service technicians working on your car.
- Fast, professional and unmatched customer service.
- Only high quality factory parts.
- A 5,500-square foot repair center designed for efficiency and speed.
- The latest equipment, tools and technology.
- You always get to review your old parts and keep them if you want.
Aside from a car tune up, we also offer a wide range of other services including computer diagnostics, vehicle inspections and oil changes. We also allow early drop-offs so your automobile can be one of the first to be serviced. We service all makes and models of Toyota, Honda, Acura, Ford, Lexus, Chrysler, Dodge, Chevrolet, Mercury, Jeep, Lincoln, Saturn, GM and Nissan.
PACC Automotive is located in Valencia California. We are open on weekdays 8 am to 5:30 pm, and on Saturdays 8 am to 3 pm. You may call us at 661-253-3123 or 661-254-9025.